Some type of bivalve

gtguy256

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2014
Messages
64
Reaction score
49
Location
Spanish Fork, Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I removed my torch to treat an infection and found this thing hiding. I had seen it before and thought it was dead but it moves when I shine a light on it.
Any ideas what it is?

IMG_1997.jpeg IMG_2003.jpeg
 
I can only see one of the shell's clearly, but (from the fluting) I'd guess something like a Cockle or Ark Shell - can't tell for sure from the pics though (and bivalve ID can be hard even with super clear pics).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new