Some types of eggs?

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if these are eggs and if so what kind? In the tank there is a coral banded shrimp, pair of clownfish, pajama cardinal and flame hawkfish. A few trochus and astrea snails but that’s it.
IMG_4927.jpeg
IMG_4925.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really hard to tell from the picture. Google "Pineapple Sponge" and see if that's what you have?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It maybe eggs of the Strombus maculatus pictured below. Not my picture but from CoralEverAfter.org. This snail (likely is not Strombus maculatus) but I don't know the Scientific name for them so I also insert the picture of them here. Geral at Indo Pacific Sea Farm called them S. maculatus. They are only about 1/4 inch in length full grown.
The bubbles that have white eggs in them stay whole. Once the little snail hatch, they cut through the bubble and craw out leaving the hole. Look and see if you have these snails in your tank. Rarely, they can crawl into your pumps and cause problem.
IMG_0110-Small.jpg

IMG_0014-2-Small.jpg

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It maybe eggs of the Strombus maculatus pictured below. Not my picture but from CoralEverAfter.org. This snail (likely is not Strombus maculatus) but I don't know the Scientific name for them so I also insert the picture of them here. Geral at Indo Pacific Sea Farm called them S. maculatus. They are only about 1/4 inch in length full grown.
The bubbles that have white eggs in them stay whole. Once the little snail hatch, they cut through the bubble and craw out leaving the hole. Look and see if you have these snails in your tank. Rarely, they can crawl into your pumps and cause problem.
IMG_0110-Small.jpg

IMG_0014-2-Small.jpg
Looks like it and from what you’re saying about what happens when they hatch is what it also looks like. It’s for my moms tank so I will take a look next time I’m there for those snails. Sounds like they are nothing to worry about correct?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0110-Small.jpg

IMG_0014-2-Small.jpg
Yeah, they're actually Dove Snail (taxonomic family Columbellidae) eggs:
These are dove snail (Columbellidae) eggs. Dove snails reproduce quickly and are beneficial algae-grazers. Dove snails are often misidentified as Strombus maculatus, which is basically nonexistent in the hobby. Strombus conchs have stringy egg masses as opposed to dome-shaped egg clusters like dove snails.
This link has some great pics/video of the eggs (including a timelapse):

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back