Some what new to reef tanks want to meet people in NH area

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,

If you're looking for good aquarium stores near Manchester, try Fish Mike Aquatics. His saltwater section is small but he's a good guy who takes good care of his fish.

If you're willing to drive, Jay's Aquatics in Salem, NH is the best place for corals in South NH, his fish selection can be spotty but he gets good stuff for good prices.

If you're willing to drive a bit, Tropic Isle Aquarium in Framingham, MA (where I work) is probably the oldest fish store in MA, the owner started the business when he was 16 (he's 77 now). We can get most fish you'd be looking for, but we're in the process of moving for next year so our livestock selection will be halted for the time being.
Steve,

Tropic Isle is still around? Great! It was my main go-to store in the mid-80s to late 90s. Always had good fish, coral and rock. In fact bought my first MH fixture there.

OP
OP
JWD57NH

JWD57NH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,

If you're looking for good aquarium stores near Manchester, try Fish Mike Aquatics. His saltwater section is small but he's a good guy who takes good care of his fish.

If you're willing to drive, Jay's Aquatics in Salem, NH is the best place for corals in South NH, his fish selection can be spotty but he gets good stuff for good prices.

If you're willing to drive a bit, Tropic Isle Aquarium in Framingham, MA (where I work) is probably the oldest fish store in MA, the owner started the business when he was 16 (he's 77 now). We can get most fish you'd be looking for, but we're in the process of moving for next year so our livestock selection will be halted for the time being.
Thanks, I go to fish mikes regularly and he is coming to install my water box reef 100.3 next week. I was just hoping to find a place with a big coral and fish selection. I learned the hard way buying fish from petco

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to meet some people near me in NH or MA doesn’t matter if they have been in the hobby for a while or are new. I would also like to hear about some LFS in the MA/NH area besides the one I know and go to in Manchester NH.

9C8DA4B8-BD22-4557-A1CF-42CA3C7F5B52.jpeg
Welcome to Da Reef!
Marine Biology Ocean GIF

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to meet some people near me in NH or MA doesn’t matter if they have been in the hobby for a while or are new. I would also like to hear about some LFS in the MA/NH area besides the one I know and go to in Manchester NH.

9C8DA4B8-BD22-4557-A1CF-42CA3C7F5B52.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

GORGEOUS TANK!! Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/

This should help you find more local to you people:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back