Something different

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. I'm restocking my Biocube 32. I broke the tank down, took the rim and lid off, got a new light and an ato. Running great. Corals are doing great. I just need fish. I want to keep stocking pretty low to keep my bio load down. Anyway. I would love to have something a bit outside the norm in the tank. I love file fish but am concerned that they would eat soft corals. If anyone has any fish suggestions that are a little different, I would love to hear. Thanks!

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluestripe pipefish, my favorite fish of all time!!
1612239219994.png

Grows to 3". They're in the same family as seahorses. They have no stomach, so they rely on eating pods all day in the wild (and in larger tanks). If you go with one of these (or a pair), make sure to get one that's eating frozen mysis, as I doubt your tank size can support one on pods alone.

OP
OP
Big_Mclargehuge

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluestripe pipefish, my favorite fish of all time!!
1612239219994.png

Grows to 3". They're in the same family as seahorses. They have no stomach, so they rely on eating pods all day in the wild (and in larger tanks). If you go with one of these (or a pair), make sure to get one that's eating frozen mysis, as I doubt your tank size can support one on pods alone.
I had thought about a couple of those. I love their swimming patter. I like really slow moving fish. My lfs has them sometimes. I'll see if they will eat frozen if they have them next time I'm in. Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back