Something growing out of ultra polyps

Shondeezzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been watching these clear tentacles grow out of coral at first I thought maybe the coral was just growing but now I’m not sure as they grow a bit longer every day. Anyone have any ideas on what they could be? And if I should get rid of them?

IMG_2532.jpeg IMG_2531.jpeg IMG_2530.jpeg

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is just the polyps spreading-like roots.

if you don’t want them to spread in that direction, trim them off or fold back onto the colony.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Been watching these clear tentacles grow out of coral at first I thought maybe the coral was just growing but now I’m not sure as they grow a bit longer every day. Anyone have any ideas on what they could be? And if I should get rid of them?

IMG_2532.jpeg IMG_2531.jpeg IMG_2530.jpeg
May be spinoid worms. If so- you will at feed see threads coming from it in search of food. If not, possible tube worms which will emit a fan like head to capture food

OP
OP
S

Shondeezzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is just the polyps spreading-like roots.

if you don’t want them to spread in that direction, trim them off or fold back onto the colony.
Okay cool! I’m glad it’s normal! Sorry I’ve only had this tank for 6 months I’m kind of new to this! I appreciate you!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back