Something in my brain coral

Guess what I got to pull out of my brand new brain coral today, an ugly little gull crab. As soon as I saw the hole when I got it home I immediately thought of this thread. haha.
 
Nooooooo :confused:
Well I'm glad this thread is here to help
Just try and be gentle when getting it out , think I damaged mine to much when getting it out
Let me know how it goes and good luck :)

IMG_0166.JPG
 
If you are going to remove them, there's no need to pull them out alive except for curiosity.
 
Hi lionfish
I gave mine a fresh water dip abit colder than my tank water
Think I damaged the coral to much getting it out
The coral wouldn't inflate at all with this crab inside so it had to go
Just a shame I killed the brain as well
I also found one in my elegance coral which had got to the point of no return
I post a pic for you , these things are so ugly :confused:
They sure look like ticks to me

IMG_0216.JPG


IMG_0214.JPG


IMG_0171.JPG


IMG_0170.JPG
 
Ohhhhh.... I thought you meant you damaged the crab too much when you removed it! That's really too bad about the brain. :-(
 
I got him out without doing any damage to the coral. He is now swimming in my septic tank. I could see where it was starting to irritate the coral, so I just got rid of it.
 
Well done :)
Glad the coral is ok
Sure hope I never see one agin :eek:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new