Something In My Nano Reef Tank

Vanessa O.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2014
Messages
132
Reaction score
1
Location
North Carolina USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am new to this hobby and learning, which I thoroughly enjoy. I noticed in my tank behind the live rock in the back, something about 1 inch or a little taller on the sand that I had not seen before. I was leaving home to run a errand and thought when I got back I would take a picture and post it to ask you guys what it could be. To me, it looked like a tall polyp of something. When I got home, it wasn't there. I'm thinking it might be a worm of some kind that hitch hiked in from the live rock or live sand. It was grayish looking with a rounded top that looked so much like a polyp. Wonder what it is? Do you guys have an idea?
 
You just described about a thousand different possibilities :) Watch for it and snap a pic! That will really help
 
If you have any pictures we could give a better I'd
 
You will find all sort of little creatures in your tank. Hopefully you will see it again and be able to get a pic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new