TonyGugino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3525.JPG
image.jpg
So I noticed that the last few days one of my acans just wasn't opening up like the rest and then the one adjacent to it started to as well. Picked up the frag and noticed a little bugger run and hide as soon as I did. So I dipped it quick and off he came. Wondering if it could be the problem?

Best picture I could get on my cell. ( I already know it's terrible.) looks like it has a tail like a shrimp and two antennas off the head.

I drew a picture to the best of my ability of what it looks like and included it. Any information would me great!

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google it and check the other photos. That was just one I picked. It does more resemble an amphipod a bit more as KJ stated.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that one or more of the fish inhabitants are starting to irritate the cans by picking at the mucus?
I had a well behaved dwarf angel that out of the blue, started to pick at my acans. It would not necessarily eat them but kept them closed up.

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible that one or more of the fish inhabitants are starting to irritate the cans by picking at the mucus?
I had a well behaved dwarf angel that out of the blue, started to pick at my acans. It would not necessarily eat them but kept them closed up.
@pecan2phat That's a good point.

Any angel is a threat to corals. I don't care what the person at the LFS says. Reef safe angels can most definitely and eventually at minimum pick at corals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back