Something to think about for the weekend..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reflectors would not work on leds like t5s or MH...they are basically lasers, all the light is being pointed straight down, so there is not really mouch light leakage upwards that would be reflected downwards. I may be wrong here but pretty sure this is how it works, please somebody correct me if this is not true

But the vortech style return pump would be awesome! Id be a user from day 1!

Don't point the LED towards the water. Point it up towards the reflector. Go look closely at your headlights. You can't even see the bulbs, because there is a little piece of metal blocking the light from shining forward. It points back towards the car, hits a reflector, is spread out, collimated, and shot forward. I'm not saying it would work (although I think it would, and would probably produce a lighting spread closer to a MH), but I think it is worth a shot. At a price point that would be double a normal Radion, you could put allot more LEDs on it also. Maybe have 4 triangular PCBs with identical LED clusters on it. Put them in a square configuration, so the make a pyramid to where they all face up at an angle into the square domed shaped reflector.

thejuggernaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some basic shapes.

Inside PCB of 4 flat boards making a 3D LED cluster.

LED PCB.jpg

Reflector from underneath.

Reflector 2.jpg

Reflector from above.

Reflector.jpg

Led Array will be flush with the bottom pointing up into the reflector. These are just basic shapes I made in 4 minutes, but give a visual of what it may look like. You guys already the contacts and resources to make it look really nice and it could plug right in to the controllers you already use. I better get to be a Beta tester! LOL

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an easy way for us not so technically advanced reefers to program the storm mode on the radions... just can't get it. :squigglemouth:

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thejuggernaut ! I'd like to see how this works. I'd also be interested in the same type of idea for a long strip-style LED. Would be exciting to see this being tested!

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
an easy way for us not so technically advanced reefers to program the storm mode on the radions... just can't get it. :squigglemouth:

I can understand your frustrations with this. I've opted to just utilize the mobile/tablet app to "show" off a thunderstorm for guests. Did you know that connecting your device to a Bluetooth speaker while running the thunderstorm in the app will produce the storm sounds to go with your light show?!?

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand your frustrations with this. I've opted to just utilize the mobile/tablet app to "show" off a thunderstorm for guests. Did you know that connecting your device to a Bluetooth speaker while running the thunderstorm in the app will produce the storm sounds to go with your light show?!?

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

Nope, I didn't know that at all!! It's a little complicated to me. I tried to set it up and the intensity of lights went all the way up. Don't quite understand how to insert the storm into the program..

SmockKnives

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lot's of great ideas here! Me personally:
All built in wireless controller
Skimmer with cup overflow protection
Webcam
Dosing pumps with wireless control
Large optional display for the controller. Imagine a Mini iPad mounted to the wall by the tank. Screen safer of coral pictures. Main functions are to display tank readings, controls, and calendar with reminders. You can set up a reminder every two weeks to do a water change, change GFO, or do quarterly maintenance.

Just my 2 cents

Back