Sometimes we upgrade, sometimes downgrade. . . but do you ever sidegrade?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,532
Reaction score
4,825
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm always changing things, lights, wavemakers, feeding regimen, hardscape, random equipment, and even the tanks themselves. . . I tend to chalk these changes up to "upgrading", but more often than not I am probably "sidegrading" (or changing things up with little positive effect. . . other than increasing my dopamine levels haha). Of course I make these changes for "reasons", but I am starting to think those "reasons" are just a catalyst for my ultimate desire to tinker and buy new reef stuff. . .

Sorry just thinking out loud a bit while I plan my next tank sidegrade!
 
Last edited:
I'm always changing things, lighting, flow, feeding regimen, hardscape, equipment, and even the tanks themselves. . . I tend to chalk these changes up to "upgrading", but more often than not I am probably "sidegrading" (or changing things up with little positive effect. . . other than increasing my dopamine levels haha). Of course I make these changes for "reasons", but I am starting to think those "reasons" are just a catalyst for my ultimate desire to tinker and buy new reef stuff. . .

Sorry just thinking out loud a bit while I plan my next tank sidegrade!
Yeah, “side grading” sounds right.

Hobbies exist to use up free time in a pleasurable manner. Once an aquarium is up and running, maintenance might not be a pleasurable time killer. Enter “side grading”, upgrading, starting a new aquarium, deciding to improve things with the latest fad product. For those who like to tinker, the aquarium holds so many possibilities.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new