Sons fish turned into my new hobby

hammerschmidtos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
30
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m very new to this only ever had a beta fish. My son wanted a clown fish for his 7th birthday and didn’t know how hard it would be to maintain not just the fish but the tank and what he can add to the tank. Bought him a Evo 13.5 with some live rocks and said why not go all in. I started reading on what I could add what needs to be done daily, weekly, and monthly. Started buying upgrades (AI Prime light, nero3, heater,biomedia) and now I’m hooked on the numerous things you can add to the tank and each one is really unique. What would be the one thing you recommend to either purchase or do with me being so new to this amazing hobby? I don’t even know what to put or what a lps frags softies…..
 
I’m very new to this only ever had a beta fish. My son wanted a clown fish for his 7th birthday and didn’t know how hard it would be to maintain not just the fish but the tank and what he can add to the tank. Bought him a Evo 13.5 with some live rocks and said why not go all in. I started reading on what I could add what needs to be done daily, weekly, and monthly. Started buying upgrades (AI Prime light, nero3, heater,biomedia) and now I’m hooked on the numerous things you can add to the tank and each one is really unique. What would be the one thing you recommend to either purchase or do with me being so new to this amazing hobby? I don’t even know what to put or what a lps frags softies…..
Glad to hear it rubbed off hence why many of us refer to reefing as an ADDICTION
 
Welcome to the crazy world of reef keeping. Keep looking for what types of corals and animals interest you. Then, make sure they are compatible with your system. In a small system, there are some really cool critters you can add to make an amazing reef community.
Goggle things like nano reef tanks or pico reefs. Or do search on here. You will find some great stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new