Sony A200 - Lens suggestion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddr_phish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddr_phish

Coral Collector
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
498
Reaction score
7
Location
Splendora, Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased my first DSLR, a Sony Alpha A200 and it comes with a 18-70mm lens. Any suggestions to some nice lenses for it for taking AWESOME macro shots?

Thanks
 
I use a minolta 100mm 1:2.8 (32) 55mm for my a100. not sure what it cost, cause I borrowed it from my brother! hope he wasnt expecting it back soon I've had it for a year!

DSC07295.jpg


DSC07314.jpg
 
I use a minolta 100mm 1:2.8 (32) 55mm for my a100. not sure what it cost, cause I borrowed it from my brother! hope he wasnt expecting it back soon I've had it for a year!

DSC07295.jpg


DSC07314.jpg

What other settings are you using to get the colors you did?
 
I just stumbled across this lens, Minolta AF 70-210 F4 (Beercan). All reviews says its great for macros, despite its ugly looks, and its under $200. Would this work as a nice macro lens?
 
Any photography experts wanna tell me if that lens I mentioned will give me nice macro shots? :)

it will be ok at best. minimum focusing distance of 3ft wont get you anything close to MACRO (1:1), but 1:4 magnification is still decent. your best bet is to find a Minolta 100 f/2.8 used for ~$250 or for a cheap telephoto zoom the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro has 1:2 magnification for ~$150 and will compliment your kit lens as well.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new