Soon to be reef hobist

claudik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers.I wanted to ask you a question regarding stocking a tank.So in a few months from now I'll be buying a waterbox peninsula and im thinking of adding a pair of clownfish,a banghai cardinal,a red fish,and royal gramma. Basically a total of 6 fish for a 25 gallon and tank with a variety of beginner friendly corals.My question is,is 6 pushing the limits or I'm fine?what do y'all think? I'll be happy to hear your thoughts

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
firstly; welcome aboard the r2r board! hello from PA!

secondly; i would say 5(?) fish will be pushing the limit. there wont be much available "free" swimming space. the clowns will be territorial once they claim a spot in the tank, with the royal gramma potentially doing the same. the cardinal should be okay since they don't swim much but hover

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! There's lots of help to be had here, so keep post questions!

As others have said, 6 fish in a 25 is going to be tight. It's better to lighter, and go slowly and see how the tank does.

I would recommend you watching the BRS 52 weeks of reefing before you begin your tank.
This isn't bad advice. I like BRSTV very much, but the original 52 weeks series is hours and hours and hours long, not to mention getting a little dated at this point (thus the newer 52SE series). The whole BRS 52 weeks is a little daunting to new reefers and a lot to take in, even the boys at BRS admitted so in a more recent video. Perhaps better would be to check out their newer beginner reefer series hosted by Mathew. These videos are newer, shorter, and targeted to beginner reefers, not those with more experience who a looking for advanced solutions.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/cont...brs-tv/beginners-guide-to-saltwater-aquariums

Good luck with your reefing adventure!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might try checking out the 'Minimalist Reefer' thread here at R2R. We try to keep things simple and as inexpensive as possible.

My biggest recommendation is to start out VERY SLOWLY. The common saying here is "Nothing good happens quickly in a reef tank!"

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Lots of great information here and great advice (see above:).

finding nemo lol GIF by Disney Pixar

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers.I wanted to ask you a question regarding stocking a tank.So in a few months from now I'll be buying a waterbox peninsula and im thinking of adding a pair of clownfish,a banghai cardinal,a red fish,and royal gramma. Basically a total of 6 fish for a 25 gallon and tank with a variety of beginner friendly corals.My question is,is 6 pushing the limits or I'm fine?what do y'all think? I'll be happy to hear your thoughts
I'm adding on to what others said. If you're looking to decrease your stocking list, I would erase the banggai. They do better in groups. Based on the swim habbits of the others, you should be fine. If you're looking for a red colored fish, I recommend a longnose hawkfish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back