• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano Growout Growth and Update Thread

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Going backward. I like the Nuvo 16. Super easy to set up and looks really clean. I didn't go with their lights. I have a HOB MH that I am using instead of the LED because I have a couple rainbow acans that I don't want to shift on me. I might go LED on that tank after I get the acans out though. I am running it with an MP 10 and that seems good for flow. I was thinking the same thing, that one would be nice for my office. I found the construction to be fine. I had read a couple people had issues with the partitions, but mine were all good. I am comfortable recommending this product. I haven't made any modifications to the filter chambers and don't know that I will.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move went well. I have to work this weekend to make up time off. Will be looking to frag early next week.

Thanks for patience!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All moved but been building out our lock off. Good news is I'm off and will have no responsibilities starting this wed. Through next fri. So that is frag time!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to post before asked for a follow up. Update is not good. I started having a hair algae issue. It has been a lot of work pulling all the frags out and cleaning/dipping multiple times in the past couple weeks. Not sure what spiked it. I don't have substrate. I am still fighting it. My personal zoa frags have taken a hit as well. I just feel terrible. I have updated p counts below. We have lost the hippos and numbers for everything else is down. Just so bummed. It was almost done. Should have just sent everything before the move. At this point I think it will take months to get back to this point. I am happy to keep growing. Things are not in great shape so I don't know about shipping. I feel like this thing just needs to be put to bed. Wanted to put out two scenarios for you. A. I will purchase $100 gift cert for each of you to use toward your own purchase. B. I will keep growing, replace the hippos and send out from this grow out and include other frags to make up for ones lost. The PZ RDPE is still good, Dark Pheonix is still good and my Happy Endings Acan does not seem affected at all and is up to 7 p and ready to frag. You don't both have to choose the same option. Let me know what you think. GOW- 3p
Time machines-6p
Pink Hippos-gone
Tequilas-2p
Radio active dragon eyes- 4p
Nuclear death- 2p
Lightning proto paly- 15p
Blondes gone - I am thinking this is not blondies. It is really dull.
Metallic pink/peach w green mouth-2p
Neon orange , greenish tan skirt, dark oral disk-plug one-2p , plug 2 2p
Neon Green skirt-grey oral disc with green speckles through it-1p

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Looks like I have the HA back under control and on the way out. Things are starting to look good again. Both options are still up as mentioned above. If you want to wait for a frag pack, I will be able to put something together, although may be a mix of stuff, but higher end. I'll keep updating regardless. I'm just glad the HA is under control and really sorry. It's really humbling. But I'm here and will make it whole.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back