• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano Growout Growth and Update Thread

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: everything that was settling in has fully settled in and looks good. The polyp that I gave 50% pulled through and is open. I have no idea what it is though haha. Bright green skirt, tan oral disk w a few large green specks. The 10% didn't make it though.

I will get a polyp count and post in the next day or so. I will try to get pics in a week or so. It is go time at work right now. I wirk at a resort in a ski town and the holidays are very busy. I'm not good w camera and loading, so I will try w a good camera but if nothing else ill get phone pics up.

Everything is pretty much ready to frag except the hippos, GOW and that one that just made it though. The hippos have 3 adults & GOW have 1 adult, 2 sub adults and we just got a new nub. When those two are ready ill frag everything up.

Happy holidays!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone had a great holiday! I was super busy. But starting to calm down. Here is the belated polyp count. I will get phone pics tonight. Everyone is settled in and looks good. The GOW has even put out a new baby. Looks like the final number in the grow out is 11. I'd say 4 of which are from the original. :( I'd like to frag at 6p. All but 4 are at 6 or more. Let me know if you have any questions.

GOW- 2p 2 babies
Time machines-15p
Pink Hippos-3p
Tequilas-10p
Radio active dragon eyes- 16p
Nuclear death- 2p
Lightning proto paly- 9p
Blondes 8p - I am thinking this is not blondies. It is really dull.
Metallic pink/peach w green mouth-8p
Neon orange , greenish tan skirt, dark oral disk-plug one-10p , plug 2 6p
Neon orange skirt, dark center with some neon orange flecks-didn't make it.
Neon Green skirt-grey oral disc with green speckles through it-1p

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry no pics! The iphone ones I have taken are really bad. I swear I think it's the curse of the grow out haha. Work has been insane so I haven't been able to get on much. Everything looks pretty good. Not much to report. GOW added another baby.

GOW- 3p 2 babies
Time machines-15p
Pink Hippos-3p
Tequilas-10p
Nuclear death- 2p
Lightning proto paly- 9p
Blondes 8p - I am thinking this is not blondies. It is really dull.
Neon Green skirt-grey oral disc with green speckles through it-1p

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 week update :) I am going to reorganize the list and seperate all the things that are ready to frag from the ones we are waiting on. As always let me know if you have any questions. I think everything is really settled in now so hoping we will see some quicker progress and I can get everything out to you in a month or two. I'd like everything to be at 6p before fragging.

Waiting for:
GOW- 4p 1 babies
Pink Hippos-3p
Nuclear death- 3p
Neon Green skirt/green speckles through it-1p 3 babies-this one is really starting to color up nice and I like the texture of the skirt
Neon Green skirt-grey oral disc-MORPHED TO LIGHT BLUE-2p-really liking this one as well

Ready to go:
Tequilas-10p
Time machines-15p
Lightning proto paly- 12p
Blondes 8p - This is not blondies, but for GO purposes I will call it that.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Sorry if that was a bit longer I am getting crushed at work. Luckily off season is here shortly. Mountain closes next weekend, but it is already starting to wind down. I am just going to update the ones we are waiting for to keep it a little shorter. Thanks for your patience, not a whole lot to report. Changes below in bold. If you guys want to wait that is cool, if you want me to frag and send to one of you guys since you live so close to each other I am good with that as well. I am thinking that I am going to set up my display finally in about 2-3 weeks. At that point I will have a 30g frag and 45g display plumbed into the same sump. Just wanted to you make sure you were aware of any moves. I don't think there will be any issues as change will happen in one day and I should be able to keep most of the water. As always, let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Waiting for:
GOW- 4p 1 babies
Pink Hippos-3p-
Nuclear death- 3p 3 babies-really small morph, I thought they would get bigger but polyps are really small, wonder if really nuclear green or something else?
Neon Green skirt/green speckles through it-4 adults-colored up, purple base, neon skirt w neon speckles
Neon Green skirt-grey oral disc-MORPHED TO LIGHT BLUE-2p 1baby- really liking this one as well

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. I am comfortable waiting until we can ship everything together but I could go with whatever joker wants or whatever is easiest for you.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for ya

Waiting for:
GOW- 5p
Pink Hippos-3p- Don't know why not getting any new p's. The 3 adults look really happy and healthy. Maybe they will all just pop at once. I can give a go to try to frag one and see how that goes?
Nuclear death- 3p 3 babies-still really small
Neon Green skirt/green speckles through it-4 adults-colored up, purple base, neon skirt w neon speckles
Neon Green skirt-grey oral disc-MORPHED TO LIGHT BLUE-3p 2baby-

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there,

Just looked at the date! Sorry!! Not much to update. Everything is pretty much ready to frag except the hippos. I can try to frag one polyp off and see how it does. Let me know what you think. I am out of town this weekend so wouldn't be able to do it this weekend but next.

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are those hippos doing? I can go with whatever you guys think about fragging off single polyps or not. I don't mind waiting either...after all, we must be working on some sort of grow out record:)

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right! :) No change on the hippos. I think everything else is pretty much ready. This is what I think, let me know what your thoughts are and I can go ahead. I setting up a dedicated frag tank next week. Will be using water and from current system and there will be no down time from one system to the other. First step in breaking down current tank to upgrade. I think I let you guys know MONTHS ago I was planning on doing that. haha. I thought this would be the lowest stress (coral and me) way to do that. So there will be no disruption or movement really. The frag tank will be up and running and there will be no bucket time. I will frag a single polyp of the hippos (as well as frag 1/3 of each of the others) at this time and see how everything goes. Let you guys know how that goes and then do the other 1/3 if all goes well. Let everything heal for 2 weeks and then ship. How does that sound?

So the plan/time line would be:
-6.21.13 set up frag tank
-6.22.13 move frags over
-6.29.13 if everything is looking good frag 1 p of hippos and 1/3 of everything else
-7.12.13 if all good from there frag the rest
-7.29.13 ship out when all healed

Also... dun dun dun... wanted to make sure looking good before I said anything, but I have PZRDPE that look pretty good and will be ready to frag as well that I plan to include. I am at 5p right now.

Let me know your thoughts and if that plan sounds good. I am happy to make other plans if preferred.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag tank is up and running. Everything has been transferred. I'll update how everything is doing in a couple days, but I think we are all good.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give you two a heads up. Everything is looking good after the tank move. I do want to wait until next weekend to frag. Things were kinda POd at first so they have only been looking really good for about 3 days and want to give them longer to recover from the move. Plan is still to do a single fragging to make sure that goes well and then do a 2nd fragging. On a side note, I am really liking the nuvo. Great little tank.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! Sorry I've been off for a little bit. Everything is doing fine. I think I mentioned we bought a house. The process hasn't been super smooth and has taken a bit more time than expected, plus busy season at work. We close next Tues. I would like to wait until after moving to frag everything. The move should be fairly easy. Only 20 min. away and we have a temporary tank to transfer to during set up of system at house. The only time they will be out of a filtered tank is the 20 min. drive. After everything is settled there, I think maybe a week is all to make sure there aren't any issues. Then frag and send out. I have all the packing material ready for that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back