• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano pack growout

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just guaging interest in the zoa pack that akwarius has for sale. I was thinking about 6 people. If it is six people that is about $134 dollars a person. Bct15 already said he could possibly be the grower. I do not know what else you guys would want to do as i am just throwing this out there. Post in here if interested and add thoughts. Lets see if we can get this going. As usual the first five people who post will be first choice for the growout. The sixth person is me.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I started to compile this in the other thread but I will day it here. I can grow these things and was thinking 6 people is enough or this growout. I think the grower should pay a little less to offset the cost of shipping and fragging supplies. If this is agreeable please post,and the cost breakdown I was thinking could be $100 for grower and $140 for the other five what seems fair but is definately not set in stone. Also I would prefer to have all payments go directly to the seller and the gowout members would have to cover shipping to their place when everything is done.

I compilled this list based off the people answering first in the original thread and feel it would be the most fair, but Im not organizing this thing just trying to help supplement it.

1 bct15
2 reefpeeper
3 tabasco1
4 oigimsar
5 reloadedevil
6 younblood

alternates
Phuster
Laird
Joker295

Last edited:
OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i started to compile this in the other thread but i will day it here. I can grow these things and was thinking 6 people is enough or this growout. I think the grower should pay a little less to offset the cost of shipping and fragging supplies. If this is agreeable please post, i'm going to look in the previous thread to see who the first six to post were and list them here by will take a sec because i am using tapatalk

this sounds good. Will have to somehow collect the money also

YOUNGBLOOD

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like i was sayin i could also be the grower and throw some of my frags for free 24k,sunny ds lmk all i ask for is for glue and plugs discounted

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We could all paypal him individually if he agrees to it. He becomes kind of a "3rd party" who can hold on to the palys until everyone has paid. Akwarius has been on here a while and I would trust him with the money.

YOUNGBLOOD

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first whos gonna be the grower............how would it be fragged and shipped once every frag has 6 polyps. or once a frag make it to 6 polyps we frag n ship also who keeps the extra polyps if theres any......still alot of unanswered questions

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be best if we wait until the soprano has six polyps to frag. Then see what the others have and go from there. Maybe they will have enough for everybody to get two of each. Yes everybody will pay their own shipping once frags are ready. Also we have to figure shipping cost into the amount that we send to akwarius.

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is offering to be the grower?

Youngblood, reefpeeper, bct15? How do we decide? Have any of you ever organized a group buy/grouwout before?
I read through a chalice grow out thread recently that went really well and everyone seemed happy. Maybe that would be a good model?

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking once the mini clinies have six polyps frag them, so each member has his own frag growing out. Then when all of the palys have been fragged to six polyps send out the lot in one shipment to every person. Maybe even send it to a secondary grower sooner, for backup

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be best if we wait until the soprano has six polyps to frag. Then see what the others have and go from there. Maybe they will have enough for everybody to get two of each. Yes everybody will pay their own shipping once frags are ready. Also we have to figure shipping cost into the amount that we send to akwarius.

This makes sense to me. Sopranos are pretty slow growers aren't they?

YOUNGBLOOD

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so can we get votes on a grower if am the grower ill thorw in for free 24ks and sunny ds....
youngblood
laird
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the $800 covered shipping as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back