• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano pack growout

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents:

Shipping-I would prefer to keep shipments to a minimum, ideally one pack at the end. But understand if this changes.

Updates-1x per week sounds awesome. I think it might be more realistic to have updates w pics every 2 weeks and a quick update on the off weeks. Just from reading through threads and the other grow out I am in this is just what I have seen no matter what the intentions are. I think it does become a bit much for the grower to update w pics once a week. What I would LOVE to see is a start list of the corals and how many polps they had and then the updates would just show any new polps. I'd be happy to make a spreadsheet that you can just upload into the thread. That seems like it would be easy, just fill in the cell w the # of polps. I think it would be super interesting to see the growth and it would also provide information to people about which polps are slow and which are fast in a quick to read format. I'm a dork though, so no worries if that seems like too much trouble.

Extra frags-My preference would be to divide up the end frags so that we would get 3-4 of the faster growers with a minimum of 2 polps. This could change is there is a super slow grower. Got to see what is realistic. I am also not totally opposed to everyone getting 2 of each and then putting a pack together to sell and either offset shipping or put toward a new pack. Don't think there is really a losing scenario here so I'd be fine with either. ;) I do think that the min should be 2 each though if possible.

What point to frag-I guess this will be decided when it is decided what we are going to do with the extra. If we are going to make a pack out of the extra I don't think it makes sense to frag when they get to 6. Also it might be easier for BCT to manage if they are all kept whole so there are less frags in his system.

Duplicate-I don't have a strong feeling on this, but think that if everything is going fine, probably not necessary.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is in my tank...I didn't have time to super inspect them because I have to get to my lab (3-8), I'll get some better pics this evening. Bu here is a couple

a6890dd8-79f5-5cd1.jpg

Group shot

a6890dd8-7a4a-5c0d.jpg

Soprano peaking

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back