• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Soprano pack growout

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to paypal. Are we good to go? I would like to see the final list put into the thread here so we know who is supposed to be sending money.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am paypalling a deposit to hold it till tomorrow right now. So send the rest so we can get it finallized...

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recieved payments from two people but have put in the deposit to confirm we are buying the pack, so please paypal me your portions by tomorrow or an alternate might have to be used as akwarius is being kind to hold the pack for a short period of time but can not hold it forever...

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Glad I got a spot. I'm cool w bct as the grower. Thank you so much for putting the deposit down to hold.

Couple questions, this might get me kicked out of my spot, but has anybody considered any of the substitutions? I could live wo the blue rhinos, serene novas and to me the fiery pheinix looks very similar to the time machines so I'd be fine w one or the other. On the sub options the eclipse, black magic and soul snatchers are pretty sweet.

I know, total can of worms, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Other questions, what is the time frame guestimate for the grow out?

My preference if at all possible would be to have 2 polps of each at the end as I know some of these are prone to melting and I think w 2 polps they are a little more stable.

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you are opening a can of worms...but someone had to do it :)

I like the blue rhino but I agree on the novas and fiery phoenix
For the substitutes, I agree on the eclipse and black magic.

Maybe everyone in the buy can give their input and then let bct make the final decision?
Or, it wouldn't be much more to add a few of them since we are already paying for shipping :)

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always liked the serene novas but would be willing to do some subs. Sub one of the tiny speckly clones out, I could live without either of the rhinos, and there was another one not sure. In the sublist I like the soul snatchers, the black msgics, naked something and the eclipse. That will come down a group decision, where everybody hopefully wins.

For a time gestimate, once polyps get established in my system they really start popping off baby's!! I have just some rediculous crazy growth as of late...for example my single blondie (hmmm) head has produced at least three new heads in about two weeks and a different little 3 polpyp frag turned into about a ten to twelve polyp mini colony

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cool with substitute. Any one will work for me.

Sent from my Vanilla Tazz using Tapatalk

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this growout full?If not I can send paypal right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growout is full but I have not recieved payment from everybody yet an have already had to go to one alternate. The list is below of

1) bct15 (paid)
2) reefpeeper (paid)
3) oigimsar (paid)
4) tobasco1 (paid)
5) Joker295 (paid)
6) phuster (paid)

Open for discussion
Youngblood

Last edited:

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, BCT- $ sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

That wasn't too bad for a can of worms. Seems like so far who has posted there are similar interest. Maybe easiest is we post our top 6 picks from the origianl and 4 from sub list that way we know what the top picks are. And then I am ok with BCT getting the final line up together based on what we post? If he wants to.

IF that is the way we are going... ;)
Original-Soprano, Pink Hippos, Bloodshot, God of War, Darth Maul, and then toss up between Insanos and Time Machines
Sub List-**** Beaches, Eclipse, Black Magic, Soul Snatchers

I am working on the house today, but will be checking back every couple hours.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be best to post the four least favorite in the original pack and four favorite in replacent group...along with six absolute must haves in the original...I will look at the posts and see what duplicates are present and possibly suggest some substitutions based on prevalence in the don't want list and make sure they are not in the must have list of anybody.

And any subs must be approved by akwarius.

phuster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paypal sent!! Let's get this going!!

Absolute must haves:
1. Soprano
2. Serene Nova
3. Time Machines
4. Blonde
5. Insanos
6. Blue Rhinos

Alternate:
1. Lazer Lemons
2. **** Beaches
3. Princess Toadstool
4. Black Magic

Last edited:

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me and got cha on the approval from akwarius. You already have my 4 substitution corals and my 6 must haves from the original.

My 4 bottom picks from the original list are- Fiery pheonix, blondies, Serene Nova2, and then toss up between Blue Rhino & Mayan Sun.

I am also cool with just subbing out 2 (maybe the Fiery Pheonix & Blondies for Black Magic and Soul Snatcher) and then adding **** Beaches & Eclipse. If we did that it would only add $10/piece to the grow out.

Just call me the "Complicator". ;)

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok we had another spot open up fur to paypal problems, so I am about to start pming th alternates after lunch...first to confirm and paypal will get the last spot. Then we will discuss the fine details

There is one point I want to bring up now as with any growout there is a certain amount of risk involved and i will do my best to make up for any losses but I am not to be held responsible for losses.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. Thank you for being the grower! I know it is alot of responsibility. And thanks for being the organizer too!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back