Sorensen Reef, a beginning

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a 125g reef ready Aqueon from the LFS with a stand 2 months ago. Also got a Reef Octopus 150 skimmer, an Eshopps 200 sump, Current USA Dual Pro 72" lights, 2 of their wave pumps, and their DC return. Also have 2 Sicce powerheads in the tank. Added 125 pounds of Marco dry rock and 60 pounds of CaribSea live sand. Painted the back blue with chalk paint, hard plumbed the overflow and flexible returns. Have 2 Apex powerbars, an FMM hooked to a BRS dosing pump and Apex ATO sensors drawing from 10 gallon Saphire reservoir. Also have the Apex temperature, Ph, and salinity probes. Waiting on my CO2 scrubber lid and canister for the skimmer. Have an Avast Davey Jones medium skimmate locker attached to the pressure sensor attached to the Apex. Also have the Avast auto feeder. Filled tank with IO salt to 35ppt using all RO/DI water with 0 TDS made in my Brute container system. Used Dr. Tims to cycle. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 19 nitrates, 470 calcium, 8 alkalinity, 78.1 degrees and 7.87 Ph as of today (hence the CO2 scrubber). Added 2 32 oz jars of Algae Barn copepods and have been dosing their phyto daily so far and have 2 more jars coming. Have 2 clowns and 4 blue green Chromis (had 6 a week ago). Alternate feeding frozen brine, Avast Reef Jerky, and BeneReef. Ordered a live brine hatchery from BRS. Got a small CUC from the LFS with some hermits, mixed snails, and a few Emerald crabs. Had a couple of days of diatoms but the CUC cleaned it good. Supplement feed them some red nori. Waiting now for 10 frag zoas from Orchard Reef Coral Farm. Will dip them in Revive and then add to the tank. This will be a soft coral only tank. Plan on only zoas, xenia, and gsp which I hope will take over the tank! Maybe a BTA for my bonded clowns once the tank is more mature. If you read this far, Thank you! I have been lurking and learning for months now.

20221124_085908.jpg IMG_20221122_175637_02.jpg 20221124_085851.jpg 20221122_175145.jpg

OP
OP
dlsorensen

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Just finished the bar and aquarium cycling in time for Thanksgiving. Definitely a hit.

OP
OP
dlsorensen

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and mee both! Moved it once but need my powerlifting son to come over to move it further away yet!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back