Sort of newish

ChrsFrssll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I slipped into R2R a few months ago without formally posting an intro thingy. Mostly came to soak up new info and points of view, but I have posted on a couple of threads here and there.

I’m in Montana, USA, have been keeping marine aquaria since about 1975, with a 25-year hiatus during my college and early career years. I’m an aquatic ecologist and hydrologist by trade. I kinda wanted to be a marine biologist, but the years I was in grad school they all had to work for the DOD or military contractors, so I stuck with freshwater where there was (and is) a lot more employment possibilities and teaching opportunities.

I’m currently running a mixed nano reef in a highly modded vintage 14 gallon BioCube. I have plans taking shape, and rock cooking, to start up a second, somewhat larger system in the near future— larger but probably less than 60g gallons, so still small by saltwater standards. It will probably also be a mixed reef. It’s the interactions between diverse living organisms, both expected and unexpected, that intrigue and excite me about reef-keeping.

Thanks and take care.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!

1A-You'll fit right in.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back