Sort of newish

ChrsFrssll

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
64
Location
Montana
What state or country do you live in
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I slipped into R2R a few months ago without formally posting an intro thingy. Mostly came to soak up new info and points of view, but I have posted on a couple of threads here and there.

I’m in Montana, USA, have been keeping marine aquaria since about 1975, with a 25-year hiatus during my college and early career years. I’m an aquatic ecologist and hydrologist by trade. I kinda wanted to be a marine biologist, but the years I was in grad school they all had to work for the DOD or military contractors, so I stuck with freshwater where there was (and is) a lot more employment possibilities and teaching opportunities.

I’m currently running a mixed nano reef in a highly modded vintage 14 gallon BioCube. I have plans taking shape, and rock cooking, to start up a second, somewhat larger system in the near future— larger but probably less than 60g gallons, so still small by saltwater standards. It will probably also be a mixed reef. It’s the interactions between diverse living organisms, both expected and unexpected, that intrigue and excite me about reef-keeping.

Thanks and take care.
 
WELCOME!

1A-You'll fit right in.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new