South Florida, sorta new reefer

VotGs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I'm fairly new to reef-keeping, I was not all that interested in it before. My husband, however, had a huge tank when he lived in Australia....so he wanted one here, and now I've been bitten by the coral bug! We have a little 20 gallon IM Nuvo, since that's all we -can- have in the apartment. The only coral we have currently is some green star polyps--and due to some tank issues and a failed pump, our livestock is down to snails, amphipods/copepods, lots of bristleworms, featherdusters, an emerald crab, and a butt-load of ghost shrimp.

The ghost shrimp seem to be happy and thriving, so we think the tank is ready for new denizens--mostly new coral, and I have a passion for inverts (no, don't ask, -I- don't know why, either!).

So, hi, the forum looks lovely, and I hope to learn a lot here!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, VotGs!

A passion for inverts should work well with a 20-gallon tank. You can put a lot of cool stuff in there, 'cause they're small and have lower demands. A few little gobies might complement them well - especially if the gobies come with cool pistol shrimp!

~Bruce

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back