South Florida, sorta new reefer

  • Thread starter Thread starter VotGs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VotGs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
9
Location
Palm Beach County, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I'm fairly new to reef-keeping, I was not all that interested in it before. My husband, however, had a huge tank when he lived in Australia....so he wanted one here, and now I've been bitten by the coral bug! We have a little 20 gallon IM Nuvo, since that's all we -can- have in the apartment. The only coral we have currently is some green star polyps--and due to some tank issues and a failed pump, our livestock is down to snails, amphipods/copepods, lots of bristleworms, featherdusters, an emerald crab, and a butt-load of ghost shrimp.

The ghost shrimp seem to be happy and thriving, so we think the tank is ready for new denizens--mostly new coral, and I have a passion for inverts (no, don't ask, -I- don't know why, either!).

So, hi, the forum looks lovely, and I hope to learn a lot here!
 
Welcome aboard, VotGs!

A passion for inverts should work well with a 20-gallon tank. You can put a lot of cool stuff in there, 'cause they're small and have lower demands. A few little gobies might complement them well - especially if the gobies come with cool pistol shrimp!

~Bruce
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new