Southwest Florida Marine Aquarium Society

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our club has a very good local forum so I don't expect a lot of traffic here. However, the club is having issues getting members to run the club and I'd very much like to have this forum open should anything happen to the current SWFMAS.com forum!

Thanks you,
Ron Reefman

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So David, how do we get SWFMAS added to the main list of Florida clubs and have our own forum?
If it needs anything, I'll I'm willing to work it or moderate it... whatever.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So David, how do we get SWFMAS added to the main list of Florida clubs and have our own forum?
If it needs anything, I'll I'm willing to work it or moderate it... whatever.

I sent you a PM Ron.

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates here? I'm a relatively new SWFL reefer and spend much more time on this webpage than the SWFMAS.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the area. In what part of SWFL did you land?

As far as SWFMAS club goes, I don't think there is anything new in the way of getting it hosted over here. @Ron Reefman may be aware of something I'm not. The club is still active but the site traffic is just very limited.

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in North Port, work in Punta Gorda. I was actually the lucky winner of the RSR 250 giveaway here on R@R so that is the tank I am working on getting set up.

bizacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to SWFL as well.. coming from NY.. working on setting up a 170 and broke down a 425XL in NY. The RS are great tanks... enjoy it!!

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm registered at the SWFL forum but I never use it. Would probably be a lot more active with more users if it was accessible though R2R.

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just browsing the forum and it sounds like it would be a simple fix to get our own forum going here, even comes with a cool banner.

Jay Crane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be happy to join. I live in Bonita Springs. I was a member at Chicago Marine Club for 20 years. I was out for the last ten years. We live here full time.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough I had a conversation with some of the SWFMAS board members at MACNA last week. I had another discussion about possibly having the local forum hosted here at R2R. So nothing as yet has changed (SWFMAS still has it's own website) but at least the conversation continues.

For those interested, SWFMAS is having their annual frag auction on Sunday, October 20th. It's a nice event and you can score some corals at very reasonable prices.

Hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to R2R and was hoping we had a local community, I am excited to have found this!

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to R2R and was hoping we had a local community, I am excited to have found this!

We technically don't have a SW Florida local club hosted here at R2R...it's something some of us are working towards.

Hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We technically don't have a SW Florida local club hosted here at R2R...it's something some of us are working towards.
I did just join the SWFMAS.com forum as well since I knew that but it is nice to know there is still a community in the area.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back