Space Invader Pectinia vs. Sonic the Hedgehog Galaxea

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a nice space invader frag this weekend and am trying to decide where to place it permanently. I haven't seen sweeper tentacles yet, but I realize they can be vicious. I'm thinking about putting it near my galexea. I think I can keep them 7" or so apart, so may be OK, but if the sweepers are super long - who would win that war?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but you would probably lose one or both of the champions.

I have seen Galaxia ruin opponents but nothing has withstood the sweepers of my space invader pectinia. I thought they called it "Space Invader" because it was green like the monsters in the original game but quickly figured out that it was named for its ability to clear out other corals from all the spaces around it in a tank.

7 inches is a good start but once they grow up a bit they will find each other. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but you would probably lose one or both of the champions.

I have seen Galaxia ruin opponents but nothing has withstood the sweepers of my space invader pectinia. I thought they called it "Space Invader" because it was green like the monsters in the original game but quickly figured out that it was named for its ability to clear out other corals from all the spaces around it in a tank.

7 inches is a good start but once they grow up a bit they will find each other. Keep us posted!
Yeah, I didn't realize how vicious they were so trying to figure out the best place to put it! The way my flow moves, the space invader should 'win' because the sweeper tentacles of the galaxea are directed the opposite direction. Maybe I can move the rock the galaxea is on over a couple more inches.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was over 2 years ago. It's much larger now and has a back corner of the tank all to itself. I also have a rainbow in the front corner but it's sweepers are nothing like the space invader.

Those are some beefy sweepers! My galaxea has super long sweepers too, but they're not nearly as thick and beefy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back