Spacers on Vortech

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roscoe99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Roscoe99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Bellingham
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have MP 60's on my tank, with 3/4 inch glass. A few months ago I removed the pumps to clean them and put them back up but forgot to put the spacers back on. I didn't realize it until I went to clean them again today. The pumps will not come off of the glass. There were unplugged and the wet side was removed before I tried. Is this something anyone else has experienced? What is the solution?
 
I run mp40s with just the rubber spacer and have no trouble getting mine off. I had to buy a new dry side recently because I knocked one off and didn't have it tethered. I would try a plastic pry tool or similar and try working it between the dry side and glass.
 
I run mp40s with just the rubber spacer and have no trouble getting mine off. I had to buy a new dry side recently because I knocked one off and didn't have it tethered. I would try a plastic pry tool or similar and try working it between the dry side and glass.
Thanks. I gently tried using a very thin knife blade and it was having none of it. I couldn't get it in between the glass and the power head.
 
If you can find something like this and lightly tap it I can't imaging it wouldn't pop off. I'd be hesitant to use a metal object. Maybe even tap the dry side lightly with a rubber mallet. That's all I can think of.
PXL_20241201_213209275.jpg
 
If you can find something like this and lightly tap it I can't imaging it wouldn't pop off. I'd be hesitant to use a metal object. Maybe even tap the dry side lightly with a rubber mallet. That's all I can think of.
PXL_20241201_213209275.jpg
I have no idea what that is but I know I don't have one! :) But I have tools. I must have something comparable. I'll give that a try. And agreed on using anything metal. I actually barely tried with the knife out of worry what I might ruin.
 
I have MP 60's on my tank, with 3/4 inch glass. A few months ago I removed the pumps to clean them and put them back up but forgot to put the spacers back on. I didn't realize it until I went to clean them again today. The pumps will not come off of the glass. There were unplugged and the wet side was removed before I tried. Is this something anyone else has experienced? What is the solution?
Have you tried sliding it across the glass before pulling it off ?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new