Spath or Humilis or Abro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter brucey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

brucey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
67
Reaction score
73
Location
united kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone
Happy Christmas from the UK!

Looking to get an ID on the one on the left…

I’m fairly certain it’s a spath but LFS thought it was a Humilis?
The one to the right of what I think is the spath is an actual Humilis I’ve had a while and looks growth and shape looks very different.

IMG_0473.jpeg IMG_0474.jpeg
 
I'm trying to find the article, but I believe A. spathulata and A. prostrata are now recognized as millepora. The one on the left is spath (as we know it), humilis has flattened, rounded axial corallites that are domed shaped, whereas spaths will have sharper, distinct axial corallites, sometimes flat, but not rounded. Plus the difference in radial corallites as well. Spaths are flared and flattened with pretty much one size, while humilis can be flared, but not flattened, more tube-like and difference sizes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new