Spending time with AI

Well, I'm either a moron (I guess we knew this!) or at the least geographically challenged. I assumed that "Beefingham" was a real town in the UK 🤪

I mean, I live right next to a town called "Farmington", would "Beefingham" really be so hard to believe 🙃

I did too, but was suspicious enough to google and find there was no such place. lol
 
Rare beef is my favourite food, Reef beef is my favourite fishy related YouTube. You are only the second person to highlight my fictitious location, lol.

I understand rare and raw are different, but..

Reminds me of a story. My wife and I only speak a little French based on high school french class. On a family trip to France, she ordered something that turned out to be raw beef slabs. She did not want to eat it, nor did she want it left on her plate. As a good husband does, I ate it, despite not liking it at all. Lol

Another story… I was on a business trip with a colleague to visit a consultant. At a fine steak house, I was rather surprised when he ordered his raw. Not fazed a bit, the waiter asked if he wanted it warmed up a bit on the grill, which he agreed to. A few years later, he sadly died of pancreatic cancer. Related? Inquiring minds want to know.
 
Reminds me of a story. My wife and I only speak a little French based on high school french class. On a family trip to France, she ordered something that turned out to be raw beef slabs. She did not want to eat it, nor did she want it left on her plate. As a good husband does, I ate it, despite not liking it at all. Lol

Similar experience. On travel back from India I asked a former co-worker if he wanted to meet anywhere that I might be able to stop on the way back to California. He picked France. I said why not. My first time being there, language barrier, made ordering food a bit of a challenge. I was tired, saw steak, and the waiter brought me Steak TarTar. I politely asked them to offer it to someone else - a treat on me.

On the other hand I did find a nice place to eat off the beaten path. Owner sat with us, asked what I liked, and brought me back pasta meal that I will remember for ever. Simple but amazing. Probably more due to them sitting and talking - the personal touch.

Didn't think I was going to enjoy France but turns out one of my better stops. Just need to learn French before I go back or remember to order careful (or use pictures :))
 
1791129992401.gif
 
Interesting discussion. Not for the AI but the relative concentrations of elements in solution.

Let me ask if what I am doing is appropriate. I am currently mixing my salt mix to 32-33ppt and then dosing up alk, Mg and Ca to my targets (8-8.5, 1350, 420) in the water change mix. I mix the salinity lower to account for the salinity increase in the Main system from dosing B-ionic. Main system is 35ppt.

Is it better to not dose the change water and just up the B-ionic dose in the tank? Water changes are 5% weekly done automatically a gallon at a time throughout the week.
 
Interesting discussion. Not for the AI but the relative concentrations of elements in solution.

Let me ask if what I am doing is appropriate. I am currently mixing my salt mix to 32-33ppt and then dosing up alk, Mg and Ca to my targets (8-8.5, 1350, 420) in the water change mix. I mix the salinity lower to account for the salinity increase in the Main system from dosing B-ionic. Main system is 35ppt.

Is it better to not dose the change water and just up the B-ionic dose in the tank? Water changes are 5% weekly done automatically a gallon at a time throughout the week.

How much do you find you are raising magnesium and calcium that way?

It’s not as good as other ways of correcting for the salinity rise, but how much less then optimal it is depends on how much you are boosting those.
 
I don’t see an issue with the workflow, but would add that it feels more co located than it may need to be.

I personally would rely on dosing to maintain levels and not be concerned with the minor fluctuations introduced by the small water changes. I would tweak salinity as needed in either the change water or by adding extra of volume of saltwater( raising salinity as it evaporates and leaves the extra salt) or RO/DI as needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new