Spider Conch

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, first off will you look at my cuc for the start of my 150, pls let me know what you think.

1x spider conch
5x trochus snails
10x cerith snails
5x nassarius snails

Now let’s get to the main part of my post. I’ve always loved the spider conch since I was a kid but their is very little info on them. I’ve read they get fairly large for a reef conch and sometimes require supplemental feeding. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. And where do buy them? I’m struggling on finding a place which carry’s them. I still have to ask my lfs to see if they can get one in.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spider conch can grow to as big as 9" or bigger. They also eat mostly red algae, do you intend to feed it red algae?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea. But if you have to feed them a special diet, doesn't that kind of take them out of the CUC category?

OP
OP
A

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea. But if you have to feed them a special diet, doesn't that kind of take them out of the CUC category?
I know they eat most algae’s and stuff on the sand bed like most conchs. I understand I’ll have to feed it when it runs out of food. For me I don’t really care about the cuc part of it, a spider conch shell is one of the remaining items I have from my grandpa. So it’s more of a memorial of him and a cool invert I want to add.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they eat most algae’s and stuff on the sand bed like most conchs. I understand I’ll have to feed it when it runs out of food. For me I don’t really care about the cuc part of it, a spider conch shell is one of the remaining items I have from my grandpa. So it’s more of a memorial of him and a cool invert I want to add.
An old thread, but with such a heartwarming reason, I have to ask... Did you get your spider conch?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back