Spider in my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwelveL16
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TwelveL16

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2014
Messages
1,922
Reaction score
703
Location
indiana
Rating - 100%
2   0   1
Found this spider in my tank today crawling around in the live rock all my rock was purchased dry no liverock what so ever was ever purchased so where did he come from?
787757d2f9bcdffca6fb4e33ecbb6474.jpg
 
Looks like a crab with no shell. Put some empty shells he will go in it.
 
It's definitely not a crab I have no crabs. It was 100% a spider
 
Wow never saw a spider in salt water. Guess you pulled it out then
 
It's a brand new tank no corals besides one acro frag, it didn't come in on anything I have added.
 
Wow never saw a spider in salt water. Guess you pulled it out then
Yes and smashed it. Crazy I had no idea spiders could survive underwater let alone saltwater. I'm aware there are underwater spiders like mentioned above but there's no way it could of been one of those.
 
Yep just a terrestrial spider that made it's way into the tank, won't hurt anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new