Spiders in basement

Scottmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate spiders with a passion. If I didn't have the tank in my basement. I would throw several bug bombs and kill them all.
LOL I love Americans. I thought it was a drunken post at first then realised you serious :D
KILL EM ALL!
holy hand grenande.gif

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you run a dehumidifier in the basement. Hunting spiders are attracted to an environment that is hospital to pray. A dark damp space. I would run a dehumidifier. Than treat the exterior. Do not treat and puff the dimataceas eart all over the place. Everytime you move something it becomes airborne. Treat the exterior for the spiders.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Food grade diatomatecious earth. Comes with a puffer, cover the tank with a sheet and puff the earth all over the basement especially in the floor cracks or anywhere that they might hide. They must have some sort of food source and the earth cuts insects to ribbons but is harmless to humans and animals. Got rid of all my spiders ants everything.

^^^ This, there is also a fairly safe product called demonWP that is a mixture of silica gel dust and pyrethins that works pretty well too.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't kill them! They eat things like flies and mozzies that would otherwise annoy you and maybe kill themselves in the water which will harm fish, not sure, if you share my passion of spiders, you wouldn't BURN EM ALL, MAKE SURE THEY ALL DEAD, BURN THEM TILL THEY ARE CRISP, you would kindly remove them and put em in the garden.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dainty “house spiders” that like to build webs above my tank and around the base. I vacuum them up when I see them. What I can’t deal with are stink bugs!! These suckers are attracted to the tank lights and are stupid so they fall in the tank. They panic when they hit the water and release their stink, which leaves an oily residue on top of my water. My fish don’t eat them either, eww, I don’t blame them.

The sticky glue traps are GREAT for catching spiders and such critters, are not toxic & can “catch” more than one spider. I’ve even caught a snake on a sticky trap in the garage.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 2 dogs but they don't go down stairs. There afraid of the stairs. To step for them.
I read this as “there afraid of the spiders” at first lmaooo ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you run a dehumidifier in the basement. Hunting spiders are attracted to an environment that is hospital to pray. A dark damp space. I would run a dehumidifier. Than treat the exterior. Do not treat and puff the dimataceas eart all over the place. Everytime you move something it becomes airborne. Treat the exterior for the spiders.
I can tell you from personal experience, using this product for years in every room, that it does not become airborne. It is heavier than normal room dust, and even normal room dust you need to wipe or blow off surfaces.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back