WHAT WILL EAT SEA SPIDERS!

Well if it's a wrasse you want then you may need a not reef safe one and there isn't a peaceful one except maybe a large tamarin aka Anampses. The issue is large Anampses are very hard to acclimate to tanks. You might want to loan a wrasse? If so a banana aka Thalassoma wrasse may be your best bet as they are the toughest (and meanest) wrasse. Coris and the little cousin of the dragon the sea grass wrasse are alos options but I doubt you'll be able to find the second.
 
Last edited:
I would be incredibly surprised if a Halichoeres or Pseudocheilinus wrasse didn't solve your problem. They specialize in small inverts and will absolutely wreck flatworm, bristleworm and amphipod populations, I have no reason to Believe they wouldn't also eat these. If you need something more peaceful, the pinkstreak wrasse or any of the possum wrasses in the genus Wetmorella will also probably eat them.
 
I would be incredibly surprised if a Halichoeres or Pseudocheilinus wrasse didn't solve your problem. They specialize in small inverts and will absolutely wreck flatworm, bristleworm and amphipod populations, I have no reason to Believe they wouldn't also eat these. If you need something more peaceful, the pinkstreak wrasse or any of the possum wrasses in the genus Wetmorella will also probably eat them.
True! I'd definitely start with a Halichoeres as a Pseudcheilinus is just as aggressive as some of the not reef safe wrasse I mentioned.
As an example, I have watched sixline and twelveline wrasses (Pseudocheilinus) attack and eat shrimp their size. They are probably your best bet for a reef-safe wrasse that will effectively consume them.
If it eats shrimp is it reef safe though...

You should join us on the wrasse lovers thread. You know your stuff
 
If it eats shrimp is it reef safe though...
That is a very good point... I tend to think of reef safe in terms of coral, snails and basic cuc, but ornamental shrimps are still part of the reef.

Haha I appreciate the invite, however I am far from a wrasse expert and have mostly learned from mistakes. Mostly familiar with cryptic wrasses.
 
That is a very good point... I tend to think of reef safe in terms of coral, snails and basic cuc, but ornamental shrimps are still part of the reef.

Haha I appreciate the invite, however I am far from a wrasse expert and have mostly learned from mistakes. Mostly familiar with cryptic wrasses.
Reef safe to me is not eating coral or small fish. I don't really care about other inverts lol
 
THESE THINGS ARE THE MOST VILE, DISGUISTING SCUMBAGS OF A CREATURE TO EVER WALK THE F*****G PLANET!
20231214_005521.jpg

THIS IS THE SECOND ONE ON MY PLATYGYRA AND I WISH DEATH ON THE ENTIRE SPECIES!



THE ENTIRE AREA OF DIE-OFF IS DUE TO SEA SPIDERS!
 
THESE THINGS ARE THE MOST VILE, DISGUISTING SCUMBAGS OF A CREATURE TO EVER WALK THE F*****G PLANET!
20231214_005521.jpg

THIS IS THE SECOND ONE ON MY PLATYGYRA AND I WISH DEATH ON THE ENTIRE SPECIES!



THE ENTIRE AREA OF DIE-OFF IS DUE TO SEA SPIDERS!
Though I did manage to kill it :)
 
Reef safe to me is not eating coral or small fish. I don't really care about other inverts lol
How small is small fish? Under 3 inches?
^ Gobiesox strumosus, cling fish / skillet fish.
Will eat everything from the size of it's eye to half it's body size.. grows a little bigger than 3 inches.
 
Sorry, late to the discussion, but I would say a possum wrasse would be great. I have a Frag system which is in need of some tender loving care as I haven’t spent any time with it since before my surgeries. To make the point, I have 1 small tang and one possum wrasse in each of the 50 lowboys that I have plumbed together, except one of the wrasses jumped into the tank beside it.

The one tank without a wrasse has little red flatworms I believe. The remainder of the tanks do not.

Also if you wanted to got the blue throat method, I believe reefbeauties.com has male and female in stock. I have bought a lot of fish from here, and I get really healthy fish. Super happy with them and no reservations to recommend them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new