Spinal injury or something more?

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these guys on the 22nd they Appeared to have appetites but slowly over the week, they just seem to be eating and spitting out food. The healthier one has taken on to eating brine here and there. The more emaciated (swimming vertical) one hasn’t had interest in any food in two days.
I just moved them both to the refugium so that I could monitor them closer.
However, I am worried the skinnier one will pass any day now.
Anyone have any advice on what to do? My LFS pre quarantines them, Ive not had any issues with other fish from them. But these guys seem Very lethargic. Clowns are normally pigs and these guys are just not interested at all.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Pre-quarantine". What is this? Monitoring for a few days? I'd put them thru a proper QT and treat for internal parasites.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with above. I just got a pair myself and noticed that they looked emaciated and weren't eating. After a few days of trying with mysis defrosted in selcon and garlic they still wouldn't touch it. I use the TTM method with prazi pro mixed in. After the first round of prazi they weren't looking any better. I dosed the QT with metro and immediately noticed a difference and they started eating. I'm now feeding them with the same food soaked with focus and general cure and they are 100% better. They definitely had an internal parasite. I would suggest doing the same if you are able to get the meds.

OP
OP
alimac122

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with above. I just got a pair myself and noticed that they looked emaciated and weren't eating. After a few days of trying with mysis defrosted in selcon and garlic they still wouldn't touch it. I use the TTM method with prazi pro mixed in. After the first round of prazi they weren't looking any better. I dosed the QT with metro and immediately noticed a difference and they started eating. I'm now feeding them with the same food soaked with focus and general cure and they are 100% better. They definitely had an internal parasite. I would suggest doing the same if you are able to get the meds.

Going tomorrow to get metro.
was stuck in meetings all day today.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back