Spirulina keeps returning

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubbaque
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm no to sure what the underlying issue is or I would try to fix it. I do not believe it's nutrients or flow. Bulbs are only 7 months old, plus I have had the issue for months now. Maybe I am feeding to much frozen. So I cut it down to one cube worth of LRS reef frenzy in the morning and switched to pellets at night.

Started dosing microbacter7 yesterday to see if they will have any effect.
 
I'm no to sure what the underlying issue is or I would try to fix it. I do not believe it's nutrients or flow. Bulbs are only 7 months old, plus I have had the issue for months now. Maybe I am feeding to much frozen. So I cut it down to one cube worth of LRS reef frenzy in the morning and switched to pellets at night.

Started dosing microbacter7 yesterday to see if they will have any effect.
I know this is a super old post but your response is exactly how I feel! It’s like everyone keeps saying “well you have to solve the underlying issue” or “you have to lower your nutrients”...and I’m like well if I knew the underlying issue I would fix it!! Haha. How did you finally solve this and find success? I also feed LRS is there actually a chance that could be the culprit?
 
I know this is a super old post but your response is exactly how I feel! It’s like everyone keeps saying “well you have to solve the underlying issue” or “you have to lower your nutrients”...and I’m like well if I knew the underlying issue I would fix it!! Haha. How did you finally solve this and find success? I also feed LRS is there actually a chance that could be the culprit?

Can you describe your situation, Kopka?
 
I don't know what specifics there might be for treatment or prevention, but FWIW, spirulina (Arthrospira sp.) is actually a kind of cyanobacteria.
 
I don't know what specifics there might be for treatment or prevention, but FWIW, spirulina (Arthrospira sp.) is actually a kind of cyanobacteria.

Yes, it is. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new