Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse and McCosker's flasher wrasse compatible in a 10g quarantine?

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a splendid pintail fairy and McCosker's flasher get along ok in a 10 gallon quarantine?

They will be going into a 120g after. From what I read they can get along (right?) but not sure in such a small tank.

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I QTd the same duo in a slightly larger tank. No aggression from either fish towards the other was observed. I lost the pintail to that unknown neurological disorder after about a week.

OP
OP
R

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I QTd the same duo in a slightly larger tank. No aggression from either fish towards the other was observed. I lost the pintail to that unknown neurological disorder after about a week.
Nice, thanks. I have a 20g if I see stress, but prefer to keep the volume down.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a splendid pintail fairy and McCosker's flasher get along ok in a 10 gallon quarantine?

They will be going into a 120g after. From what I read they can get along (right?) but not sure in such a small tank.
In Quarantine with wrasses that love to dart, bigger is always better. If you can go for a larger tank that’s long and not a smaller tank that’s quite short.

Using a shorter tank as quarantine may result in your mccosker or pintail getting a spinal injury and unfortunately passing. This is due to a small area of swimming and you’ll learn that Fairy and Flasher wrasses love to swim.

Is there any reason you’re Quarantining? And are you Quarantining all your rock/sand/coral?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back