Splitting torch with retracted polyps

wjdobbs321

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2024
Messages
104
Reaction score
119
Location
Acton
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have what was a pretty healthy looking torch that has begun to split. The polyps have been retracted for a few days now. Is this normal? I’ve had some euphylia issues in the last few months. ChatGPT says it is but I’d rather ask real intelligence! I may do a few rounds of KFC just in case… Thanks in advance.

IMG_0235.jpeg IMG_0233.jpeg
 
Most euphyllia will retract while they split, this helps in separating the flesh from the new heads.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new