Splitting up the Reefer 170 sump upgrade

Sharkbait13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I recently received a Red Sea 170, would love to do a skimmer refugium combo. I’m a bit confused on how I should go about doing that. However, I understand that people make it work with smaller skimmers, but would I do best if I made a smaller refugium so I could get a larger skimmer? I want to get 2 captive bred mandarin dragonets and I want to make sure they’re in the best environment they can be in. Any advice is greatly appreciated in advance and I hope you’re having a wonderful day.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Eggcrate to help separate the areas.
-A hob fuge or hang in tank.
-a whole nother tank for the fuge to completely separate them. It can be in sump but would need a water feed pump.
U could set it higher than the sump and it could gravity drain to your sump or u can get a rimless tank and just let it overflow with low flow.
My thoughts.
D

OP
OP
S

Sharkbait13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Eggcrate to help separate the areas.
-A hob fuge or hang in tank.
-a whole nother tank for the fuge to completely separate them. It can be in sump but would need a water feed pump.
U could set it higher than the sump and it could gravity drain to your sump or u can get a rimless tank and just let it overflow with low flow.
My thoughts.
D
Those are awesome ideas!!! Would the egg crate keep the pods in? This is my first sump system so I apologize

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back