Splotches on clown and gem tang

nucknill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me find out what these splotches are?

44D0F3A4-96CF-492D-8D78-2680DAFC4A2B.jpeg 8B07BC3F-9044-4B6D-B4B6-7469B0D1FA66.png

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you here to help or stick your nose into other business which doesn’t concern you?
bruh he barely said anything

im not the best for id on this and pic isnt the greatest but check this out and see if it helps

OP
OP
N

nucknill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bruh he barely said anything

im not the best for id on this and pic isnt the greatest but check this out and see if it helps
My apologies… I have yet to find a reef forum where people don’t criticize every thing about another persons tank. I’m fairly new to the hobby and I’m just looking for help. Thank you for helping.

It looks like it may be bacterial. I have no clue what could cause this. I had a file fish get sucked into one of my pumps recently and I didn’t find him for a few days. I wonder if this could cause this type of issue.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you here to help or stick your nose into other business which doesn’t concern you?
Ever think the "splotches" are irritation spots from two incompatible species attacking each other?

Tangs notorious for ramrodding each other leaving "splotches"

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nucknill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever think the "splotches" are irritation spots from two incompatible species attacking each other?

Tangs notorious for ramrodding each other leaving "splotches"
They appeared the same time that the splotches on my clown appeared. My tangs tussled the first week I had them and they haven’t since.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They appeared the same time that the splotches on my clown appeared. My tangs tussled the first week I had them and they haven’t since.
You just answered your own question. There's tussling going on during times you don't see it

Every tank there's territorial diputes going on every day.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LR looks uncured and white.

How old is this tank?

If under 9mos, you should net the Gem and get it into an established tank (even if it's not yours) or you'll lose a very expensive fish. You will be posting next week how you lost a Gem.

Last edited:

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How old is this tank?

If under 9mos, you should net the Gem and get it into an established tank (even if it's not yours) or you'll lose a very expensive fish. You will be posting next week how you lost a Gem.
idk about that crazy of an outcome.

My apologies… I have yet to find a reef forum where people don’t criticize every thing about another persons tank. I’m fairly new to the hobby and I’m just looking for help. Thank you for helping.

It looks like it may be bacterial. I have no clue what could cause this. I had a file fish get sucked into one of my pumps recently and I didn’t find him for a few days. I wonder if this could cause this type of issue.
see if you can get some better pics

OP
OP
N

nucknill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How old is this tank?

What is going to cause my gem to die? My tank has been extremely stable. She eats like a pig and looks phenomenal besides the new spot on her tail.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes tangs fight at night to establish where they want to sleep. It’s different then during the day when they can keep there distance swimming in the open

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellows tail is ripped a bit so probably some mild disagreements about sleeping spaces. That is when my Copperband tries to stab my yellow tang sometimes. All good until you want the best bed in the house. :D

It doesn’t look like disease to me.

I would just keep a close eye on them at this point and watch for any changes in the spots like redness or mucus. Watch respiration rates and appetite and so on.

No idea your tank size but hopefully large enough for them to both settle. They might still be working it out.

OP
OP
N

nucknill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How old is this tank?

This is my first time back on R2R since this thread was posted. It’s slightly laughable how poorly this comment aged. I am just reaching over the 1 year mark on my tank and deciding to take it more seriously. Im hoping to find a good positive culture.

Attachments

• IMG_3457.MOV
    35.8 MB

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time back on R2R since this thread was posted. It’s slightly laughable how poorly this comment aged. I am just reaching over the 1 year mark on my tank and deciding to take it more seriously. Im hoping to find a good positive culture.
Congrats! Awesome looking tank and great to see your progress!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 110 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back