White splotches on clown with heavy breathing

Juschillin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for help please. The larger clown has been breathing heavily for a couple of weeks, but I just noticed the larger white splotches developing. She still eats and swims fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking for help please. The larger clown has been breathing heavily for a couple of weeks, but I just noticed the larger white splotches developing. She still eats and swims fine.
This appears to be bacterial either from injury or fighting. Normally I say keep an eye on it but this has potential to become infected or raw and I would recommend treatment with Seachem Kanaplex or Maracyn 2 - Not maracyn Oxy

OP
OP
J

Juschillin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears to be bacterial either from injury or fighting. Normally I say keep an eye on it but this has potential to become infected or raw and I would recommend treatment with Seachem Kanaplex or Maracyn 2 - Not maracyn Oxy
Thank you! Do you think I should dose the tank or try soaking the food? Removing the fish isn't really an option without tearing the tank apart.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you! Do you think I should dose the tank or try soaking the food? Removing the fish isn't really an option without tearing the tank apart.
Soaking the food will not do much
You can try Ruby Rally Pro which will take longer but what was advised and removing fish is most effective

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back