Sponge ID

Crabs+Shrimps-69

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2025
Messages
546
Reaction score
344
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to ID this sponge I found growing underneath a rock. Is it likely an invasive sponge?

IMG_20250603_191316542.jpg
 
Do you have a more clear picture? Hard to tell from the photo above
 
Most sponges die. Are there many invasive sponges? I have an orange sponge I am lucky has survived over 10 years.
 
I guess, if you are truly worried about a sponge, remove it as it is more likely to die than survive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new