Sponge on Frogspawn

  • Thread starter Thread starter C4Rez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

C4Rez

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2022
Messages
74
Reaction score
70
Location
Gilroy
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this frogspawn for a little under 4 years now. Initially bought it with 3 heads which has since grown into this 30+ head young colony. The white sponge has been spreading the last 2 years. Doesn’t appear to be suffocating it. I’ve always just left it alone since I’ve been told it’s harmless.

What would you do? The growth has slowed down this last year as the sponge continues to envelop the frogspawn.

IMG_4158.jpeg
IMG_4183.jpeg IMG_4175.jpeg
 
I probably wouldn't do anything. But if you're worried, you could scrape them off with an xacto blade.
 
Thanks y’all! I’ll watch it for the next 6 months. If I end up fragging a few branches, I may end up just cleaning it with a razor and H2O2.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new