Sponges or ?

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these sponges? Are they good or bad?
Please and thank you!
20220728_190610_HDR.jpg

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and in a well balanced system their numbers should decrease and become a part of system not a problem I have some purple ear sponge that grew large and started to shade the coral below it so I cut it out with a small pair of scissors and it did not show itself for a while but has started to grow back I do not plan on removing it again since some of the coral in the tank have grown larger and so far they seem to grow together but if the ear sponge starts to overtake the coral around it I will remove it I also have another sponge that is no problem and lives on the rock below the coral ,on my substrate and some that grow on one of the holders of the water heater

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have silicates get through my RODI system (well water) and so I have sponges who thrive on silicates
would rather occasionally pluck them from where I don't want them, than have high circulating silicates

where did you get your rock?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back