Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BG3.jpg

Hey there,

I'm Kyle Elder, known as Elder1945 in the digital realm, and I've had quite the journey in this industry. I started with aquarium builds that went viral, including my first one on Reef 2 Reef, which attracted over three thousand concurrent viewers and even trended on Reddit's top 10 a few times!

Out of this passion, I founded AdaptiveReef and have ventured into owning and building various brands in the aquarium world. But today, I'm here to share something truly exciting.

Remember or have you seen those crazy builds that got me here? Well, I'm bringing them back in a big way. The first of these ambitious projects is the Baldur's Gate III / Xbox build. As an avid PC gamer, I decided to try my hand at Xbox gaming after spending around 80 thrilling hours conquering Baldur's Gate III (an amazing game, by the way). What could be better than merging my two hobbies?

So, here's the plan: I'm going to take the Maxspect Dice AIO 12, along with some of my favorite equipment, and build it all into one epic desk. This desk will not only house all the aquarium essentials like dosing, testing, and Neptune Apex, but it will also integrate the Xbox right into the aquarium's rock structure!

Get ready, folks, because this project is going to be a wild ride. I'm aiming to push the limits of what's possible, and I can't wait to take you all along on this adventure. Stay tuned for updates and let's make this build a masterpiece!

Equipment list and more details on the way.

If you are like who is this guy google Elder1945

I hope to have weekly updates starting next week but here is the brainstorming starting with some of the equipment.
1.jpg

coralnutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds interesting. If I'm reading this right, the Xbox is going to be in the tank? Are you concerned about enough ventilation for the Xbox, and also the extra heat in the aquarium? Checked out some of your other projects, you are on ambitious individual. Best of luck with your project.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oooooh I can not wait to see what you do with this!!

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This gives you an idea of the layout, The desk this is built into will be a sit-stand with some interesting things built inside.

Nothing much yet however it will start to go together quickly.

20231023_160822.jpg

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! Seems like one interesting build
Ill post a better update today as we start to cut everything.

Here is the build file.

25.jpg

We are going with this vibe in the end. I'll have to make a mini-themed skimmer and a few other things that fit well into the DICE AIO. Auto water change is going to be added for sure.

wjl3gfxrqnx71.jpg

coralnutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome to have a nano right on the desk like that. I'm guessing it my affect my velocity at work though.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More stuff was cut and worked out,

I plan on using buttons that look like the skill menu in the game to control the Apex.

There are multiple layers still to add and dosing lines among other things.

Most of the equipment will be flush mounted with a clear acrylic cover, I think I am going with an MP 10 and a battery backup.

The logo still needs a lot of work and is missing the III. this however gives an idea of
20231024_143335.jpg
the overall feel of the system.

OP
OP
Elder1945

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paint and LEDs go into the logo and plan on laying everything out to see how everything will end up working. The tank will be on its own stand and the desk will go around it.

This makes it quite easy to do maintenance and add livestock.
20231024_160625.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back