Spot banded butterfly...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Garyf7257
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Garyf7257

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2017
Messages
119
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi. I just got my shipment in of a spot banded butterfly. He is pretty much fully grown. (Full 5. In) I know it's good to QT new fish so I currently have him in a 20 g with my baby yellow eye kole tang that I got as well. The tang seems to be adapting just fine. He's eating and swimming and such. The butterfly is just hiding in the cave and basically staying there. He did not eat the first day and he only comes out of the cave every once in a while. Is he just scared bc he's in a new tank or should I be concerned. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
 
Hiding is perfectly normal for the first few days. Offering him a food that he can graze on, such as clam on the half shell, may help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new