Spot on blue tang.

Sean_Jacob228

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2024
Messages
173
Reaction score
61
Location
mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this spot on my tang. Kinda looks like it brushed the rock maybe. Tried to get a pic with orange filter but you can’t see it to good. It kinda looks silver ish.

IMG_7350.jpeg IMG_7351.jpeg
 
No other tangs. Not showing any signs of stress or anything. Eats like a pig
 
Thanks bud
While you are waiting they may need a photo under just WHITE lights, and possibly a video. A video you will have to load to YouTube and then copy the link into your post.
 
Noticed this spot on my tang. Kinda looks like it brushed the rock maybe. Tried to get a pic with orange filter but you can’t see it to good. It kinda looks silver ish.

IMG_7350.jpeg IMG_7351.jpeg
Its impossible to see and assess anything with this dark blue lighting. Please repost using white light intensity please
 
Its impossible to see and assess anything with this dark blue lighting. Please repost using white light intensity please
The best I can do lol but see it’s like a silver spot. It’s not raised. It’s not white.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7355.png
    IMG_7355.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 43
Its impossible to see and assess anything with this dark blue lighting. Please repost using white light intensity please
The best I can do lol but see it’s like a silver spot. It’s not raised. It’s not white.
Sorry - the pics are obscuring the details we need to try and diagnosis this.

How long have you had this fish?
Any other symptoms such as rapid breathing, scratching, lower appetite?
 
Sorry - the pics are obscuring the details we need to try and diagnosis this.

How long have you had this fish?
Any other symptoms such as rapid breathing, scratching, lower appetite?
Had for about 3 months. No erratic swimming, heavy breathing or lack of appetite. It seems normal.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7355.png
    IMG_7355.png
    458.5 KB · Views: 21
Kinda. From what I could see in the vid. I was reading the comments on that one it could be a possible lps sting. I will note it hangout by my torch ALOT
 
Had for about 3 months. No erratic swimming, heavy breathing or lack of appetite. It seems normal.
I see a possible nick or other injury but again need bright white lighting, No blue.
this is what we see:

1749600130668.png
 
Yeah I’m leaning towards that. Definitely will keep my eye on it tho
Don't know. It came and went within about a week. I'm assuming a coral sting or some sort of abrasion from swimming through the rocks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new