Spot on coral

jazonPartij

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2015
Messages
310
Reaction score
76
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me what the white spot is on the bottom right of this coral? It looks like one of my clownfish may have nipped at it.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1445727084.427463.jpg


The polyps are retracted because I shot it a couple of times with a turkey baster to see if any pests flew off... None that I saw.
 
I really can't tell what is/isn't there but I clownfish don't typically nip at corals.
 
I'm sure it's some transportation damage as the frag looks like you just got it.
 
I've had it for about a month now and it's just showing up. It looks like it's healing now. I just don't know how it came about.
 
If its healing that's great, you'll never know what caused it.... If any indication that it is not continue to heal, I would bayer dip it, pests like AEFW in my experience are impossible to see on the coral and don't always easily blow off...

Mark
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new