Spots on Tang

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey peeps. This tang got spots on him within hours. Started acting all itchy and rubbing against stuff. I Immediately yanked him out of the tank and put into a QT tank. I am preparing a 5 minute freshwater dip. What do you think it is and recommended protocol? Some of the dots almost look like little hairs. But there are some other spots as well. I’ve attached a video

Sick Tang

IMG_9898.png IMG_9895.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey peeps. This tang got spots on him within hours. Started acting all itchy and rubbing against stuff. I Immediately yanked him out of the tank and put into a QT tank. I am preparing a 5 minute freshwater dip. What do you think it is and recommended protocol? Some of the dots almost look like little hairs. But there are some other spots as well. I’ve attached a video

Sick Tang

IMG_9898.png IMG_9895.jpeg
Please post better pics of fish and sideways if possible as these pics make it difficult for any accurate assessment.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had fish with Ich before. It always seemed to progress much slower and didn’t seem to bother the fish very much. This one seems quite ornery. Maybe it’s worse with a tang.

I’ve begun coppersafe treatment. I’ll get it up to 2.5ppm in 2 half doses.

bluemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had fish with Ich before. It always seemed to progress much slower and didn’t seem to bother the fish very much. This one seems quite ornery. Maybe it’s worse with a tang.

I’ve begun coppersafe treatment. I’ll get it up to 2.5ppm in 2 half doses.
It is almost always worse with Tangs. They are the Ich magnets of the tank, often the "canary in the coal mine". Especially if they are Powder Blue

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. So I heard. It’s why I don’t have a powder blue. beautiful fish though
In the video, the fish is breathing too fast. That is not a symptom of early ich (only later on). There are some General marks and nicks on its body, and the fish is acting jittery. Copper won’t hurt, this could be velvet, but you also might want to get some Prazipro to treat for flukes.
Jay

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the video, the fish is breathing too fast. That is not a symptom of early ich (only later on). There are some General marks and nicks on its body, and the fish is acting jittery. Copper won’t hurt, this could be velvet, but you also might want to get some Prazipro to treat for flukes.
Jay
yeah, the behavior of the fish is what I first noticed. Then the marks and then the little spots. It just came on so quick… I’ll do copper and then prazi. Thanks everyone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back