Spotted yellow eye kole tang?

Anyone has pictures of a “SPOTTED” yellow eye kole tang?
In specific, you mean Ctenochaetus trunctatus. I don’t own this specific species but have a book with a few good photos of this species.
image.jpg
 
I have a "Spotted" Square tail, Ive had him for the last 3 years. Slow grower but good algae eater. I can try to snap a photo of him at some point.
 
I have a "Spotted" Square tail, Ive had him for the last 3 years. Slow grower but good algae eater. I can try to snap a photo of him at some point.
A lot of Ctenochaetus are slow growers - The larger of them being fast growers (Chevron, true Striatus ect). I own the blue eye so can’t really say much on the Spotted, however in the small time I’ve cared for them in an LFS, they were rather calm, unlike the true koles used to be.
 
Most ive seen will be spotted or scribbled lines
 
i know this thread is a zombie but i do believe the wrong sp was mentioned here.

I believe this is the Ctenochaetus striatus, whereas the Kole is strigosus and the square tail is truncatus
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new