Sps and PH. am I good ?

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,736
Reaction score
1,200
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took CR offline and just running kalk reactor. Ph is crazy good I think ??

IMG_4865.png
 
So any pics of corals? Before vs after.
Did they improve with elevated pH?

Just curious my pH lows are 7.7/7.8 and high 8.1/8.2.
Some sps:
1715692418093.jpeg


1715693080127.jpeg


Not sure what the elevated pH brings….
 
So any pics of corals? Before vs after.
Did they improve with elevated pH?

Just curious my pH lows are 7.7/7.8 and high 8.1/8.2.
Some sps:
1715692418093.jpeg


1715693080127.jpeg


Not sure what the elevated pH brings….
Better growth rates! And to the op yes that’s a perfect number!
 
Better growth rates! And to the op yes that’s a perfect number!
So just to clarify, “Better growth rates” translates to faster growing acros only?

Or is there something else? Like colour or growth pattern etc…?

If I am not looking for fast growing acros, I am not into business of selling. I just want nice deep colour and healthy acros.
 
So just to clarify, “Better growth rates” translates to faster growing acros only?

Or is there something else? Like colour or growth pattern etc…?

If I am not looking for fast growing acros, I am not into business of selling. I just want nice deep colour and healthy acros.
Faster growing corals in general not just sticks… it can affect growth pattern as it’s growing faster and does affect color in the sense as the tips are shooting out quick which changes the color vs a slow growing with stalled growth and deeper colored tips.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new