SPS dead ? Or bleached ?

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tested 1 Acro for a month and it colored up and looked great. Tank is 10 months old. Shipment of 6 SPS came in yesterday and overnight my red dragon bleached or died? My 5 other SPS I ordered looking great. I’m about to sleep for work (graveyard) so I don’t have time to test my water parameters. Is it just bleached or dead? It was light pinkish when it arrived.

D1B7882D-0475-4C98-A7F2-89703508D86D.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say for sure in that light, but i am guessing it has RTNed and dead. No harm to leave it in there just to make sure though.
Bummer. The one coral I wanted was the red dragon… I’m sure my parameters are on par… I do weekly water changes. I should’ve tested it first before it arrived.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that it's hard to tell but looks dead to me. Once you get used to SPS corals it's easy to spot the difference between a bleached one and one that all of the tissue has fell off of.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that it's hard to tell but looks dead to me. Once you get used to SPS corals it's easy to spot the difference between a bleached one and one that all of the tissue has fell off of.
Sucks so bad! Tissue has 95% fallen off. dangit

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can leave it in there, miracles do happen. I have found red dragon does not ship well.
Only if I knew this! The store was only an hour away but I have WIFE and a newborn son at home so it’s hard to get out the house for long lol

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if I knew this! The store was only an hour away but I have WIFE and a newborn son at home so it’s hard to get out the house for long lol
Sorry your coral didn't make it, I have quite a few acros in my tank doing well and when I place an order it's not uncommon that one doesn't make it. It's always easier on corals to not have them shipped whenever possible.

It was when my kids were newborns that I used any excuse I could to get out of the house.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry your coral didn't make it, I have quite a few acros in my tank doing well and when I place an order it's not uncommon that one doesn't make it. It's always easier on corals to not have them shipped whenever possible.

It was when my kids were newborns that I used any excuse I could to get out of the house.
I’ve tried! My wife gets mad! Lol especially if she catches me driving to the LFS , let alone over an hr drive.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out the hard way too. Bought a nice small colony of dragon directly at a fish store, looked amazing at the shop, drove the 1 1/2 hours home and it had started to rtn from the base…quickly fragged the heck out of it. Saved probably 80% and now I have about 15 pieces of red dragon all over the tank lol

edit: they are also so delicate that they’ll self-frag if you look at them a little sideways ha!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back