SPS dipping help!

Jaybeastin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
649
Reaction score
299
Location
94203
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefer!


I’m getting into SPS and my current easy ones are doing really well. So I’ve decided to make a purchase of the nicer Acros.

This seller has a lot of flatworms and others things.

What should I look for when dipping acros?

What’s the best process to dip these new acros? I currently only Coral RX on hand and peroxide.

I don’t have a quarantine tank ready.
 
For SPS many of the hardcore SPS collectors use potassium chloride. Here are dosing instructions:
  • Potassium Chloride (KCl): 2 tablespoon 6 teaspoons) per gallon. 10 minute dip. One teaspoon per 630 ml
A commercial version of the above is sold as Reef Primer from Polyp Lab. If I have an expensive LPS or softie then I will use the Polyp Lab mostly out of paranoia.
 
For SPS many of the hardcore SPS collectors use potassium chloride. Here are dosing instructions:
  • Potassium Chloride (KCl): 2 tablespoon 6 teaspoons) per gallon. 10 minute dip. One teaspoon per 630 ml
A commercial version of the above is sold as Reef Primer from Polyp Lab. If I have an expensive LPS or softie then I will use the Polyp Lab mostly out of paranoia.
Yeah I heard about that but I won’t have time to get it. My SPS are arriving tomorrow morning
 
Yeah I heard about that but I won’t have time to get it. My SPS are arriving tomorrow morning
You can order pure potassium chloride on Amazon and have it delivered the same day if you near by a major city.

I have used CoralRx (I still have it around since I use it for euphylia). KCl is both more gentle and gets rids of more pests when dipping SPS. CoralRx will do okay to but for SPS a KCl dip is the cheapest and most effective option.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new